Weddings have tons of moving parts and questions. You have to think about the location, clothing, cake, rings, vows, rentals, style, guest list, and budget–and that doesn’t even cover everything. (That’s probably also why so many people choose to hire a wedding planner or ask a friend or family member to help with the wedding details!)
One of the most important things to put on your wedding to-do list is to get food, and if you’re already planning a wedding, chances are the last thing you want to do is coordinate that. That’s where a wedding caterer comes in!
So, how do you choose the best wedding caterer for your needs? Today, we’re going to go over some things to consider to help with your decision. As always, if you have questions, feel free to reach out!
how to choose the best wedding caterer
Here are some things to think about as you start your search for the perfect wedding caterer in Portland.
- Does my ideal venue provide food and beverages, or do I need to bring in a caterer?
- What’s my budget?
- How many people will be at the wedding?
- What theme and overall feel do I want to present?
- Do I want a formal dinner, family-style meal, hors d’oeuvres, or something else?
- Does the time of day correspond to the type of food I’m hoping to provide? For example, you can get away with only offering hors d’oeuvres if you have a 2 p.m. wedding and a short 3 p.m. reception, but you should probably give your guests a full meal if your reception is around 5 or 6 p.m.
- Am I hoping to add personality to my event using the food?
- Do I want a high-quality meal, or is the food low on my priority list?
- Would I like a caterer who can provide linens, dinnerware, and other rentals, or is the venue taking care of those things?
- What experience do you have with wedding catering?
- Can you adhere to allergy requirements?
- What is your availability?
- How much notice do you need to book wedding catering services?
- What do I need to do to get started?
There are so many things going on at a wedding, and not all of them can be limited by budget alone. Discovering what makes you and your partner excited about your special day–and what you feel you can leave to others–will help make your wedding day planning slightly less stressful.
about us | portland wedding catering services
Are you ready to book your wedding caterer? Mundo Catering would love to help! We are an established, experienced Portland wedding catering company that can create cuisine from all over. We also are willing and able to accommodate allergy and dietary needs in case one or more of your guests have food restrictions. Whether you’re looking for vegan, gluten free, vegetarian, heavy on the meat, or fully plant based, we’ve got you covered.
Schedule your catering service today: (971) 302-5041