We were pleased to cater the wedding of a previous client recently! She hired Mundo Catering to provide food for her graduation party after law school, and it was delightful to join her and her husband during their joyful wedding.
One of the bride’s parents is an executive at Bob’s Red Mill, and local foods specific to the Pacific Northwest were a crucial part of the menu. Additionally, this joyful event was served family-style, which was a new challenge for us.
Though we have never catered a wedding with a family-style presentation before – and we had a last-minute store run to purchase additional utensils – we had a great time getting every detail right.
Not only did we serve appetizers and a full dinner, we stayed as the guests partied the night away to provide a late-night menu. This lovely couple wanted guests to stay and have fun – and that’s exactly what happened – with lots of delicious food to keep everyone dancing all night long!
Here’s what we served:
(Served buffet style)
- Local cheeses with crackers, baguette, grapes, and nuts
- Pita rounds with hummus, cucumber, and kalamata olives
- Shrimp salad rolls
Custom designed menu focused on local, seasonal produce
- Arugula and watercress salad with roasted radishes, avocado, and lemon vinaigrette
*Note: Roasting the radishes takes away the acidic bite and makes them much sweeter
(Served family style)
- Locally sourced seared salmon with strawberry-rhubarb chutney
- Red wine glazed beef tenderloin with red onion jam (glaze was made with a local Pinot noir and jam used local red onions)
(Served family style)
- Local, seasonal asparagus with pickled shallots, brown butter, and toasted hazelnuts
- Roasted baby potatoes with gremolata
- Bob’s Red Mill farro pilaf with local English peas, pickled carrots, and rainbow chard
Late night food:
- Fennel sausage and red onion pizza
- Zucchini, red onion, roasted tomato pizza with feta and pesto
- Late-night chicken sliders with bbq sauce, cilantro slaw, and pickled red onion
- Late-night tater tots
The party went on late into the evening and we stayed until the end. We had so much fun, worked hard and felt very accomplished! We are so glad that the happy couple and their illustrious guests (including Bob of Bob’s Red Mill) enjoyed the food and had a fun evening!
Are you looking for a caterer who will incorporate your unique tastes into your wedding dinner? Contact Mundo Catering today!