There are so many choices to make when you are planning your wedding. There’s location, clothing, cake, catering, rings, vows, rentals, style, guest list, budget, and more. Each aspect has to balance the others, and there are only so many people and elements a couple wants to juggle.
Many couples choose to get a wedding planner or ask friends/family to help with specific details of planning the wedding. However, as every engaged person discovers, there is so much more to wedding planning than budget and design. So, in the end, the principal planner in the couple needs be the final decisionmaker and ensure a particular aspect blends with the overall vision.
This is just as true for catering as it is for other elements that comprise a wedding.
The Catering Question
Here are a few things to think about as you begin your search for the perfect caterer that fits your needs.
- Does my ideal venue provide food and beverages or do I need to bring in a caterer?
- What’s my budget?
- What theme and overall feel do I want to present?
- Do I want a formal dinner, family style meal, hors-d’oeuvres, or something else?
- Does the time of day correspond to the type of food I’m hoping to provide? For example, you can get away with only offering hors-d’oeuvres if you have a 2 PM wedding and a short 3 PM reception, but you should probably give your guests a full meal if your reception is around 5 or 6 PM.
- Am I hoping to add personality to my event using the food?
- Do I want a high-quality meal or is the food low on my priority list?
- Would I like a caterer who can provide linens, dinnerware, and other rentals – or is the venue taking care of those things?
There are so many moving parts to a wedding, and not all of them can be limited by budget alone. Discovering what makes you and your partner excited about your special day – and what you feel you can leave to others – will help make your wedding day planning slightly less stressful.
If you think Mundo Catering would fit in with your ideal wedding, contact us! We would love to provide you and your guests with delicious food on your special day.